Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm Gonna Be Famous!

Last night Jamie called with a weird question. A friend of ours wanted to know if I could take some pictures with a man who's running for mayor of Chuncheon. He wanted two foreign men to take some pictures with him so he could look like he is cool with foreigners. I guess he has plans to open an english style village in Chuncheon. Anyway, about an hour ago, our bud picked me up at our apt., then we picked up our other white friend Chris. We headed to some big office building and sat in some kind of conference room. The candidate shows up, gets some make up put on, and then the photo shoot begins. The first part was me, the dude, and Chris sitting around an office table pretending to talk shop. We were supposed to smile and act naturally while he spoke to us. I had no problem, because it was ridiculous... and I don't know any Korean, really. The next shot was on the stairs.. then one of us "sealing the deal" walking out of an elevator. We then went outside and stood next to eachother looking towards the sky like we're looking forward to the future or something. It took about an hour. I think I'll be in some propaganda posters, and possibly the news paper. If I ever get a copy of any of these you can bet yer ass they'll be on the blog. That was my afternoon. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS ALL TOO FUNNY ! ! ! AND PLEASE APOLOGIZE TO JULIE FOR ME, I GUESS I HAD EITHER MY EYES CLOSED OR MY GLASSES ON BACKWARDS. ROAR YOUR G'MA IS GETTING O L D, DARN IT! ! ! ! LOVE TO ALL.....

Julie said...

I ain't mad...I would be, except I have both boy AND girl parts.