Friday, February 24, 2006

cereal bowls make good cups

i still don't have any cups in my apartment. i just haven't had the motivation to go buy any yet. i guess i also didn't have the money. i've been drinking big cereal sized bowls of soju and orange juice--orange juice for my cold, soju just for the hell of it. i'd like to think i'm starting a new trend in cocktail drinking.

tonight i ate dinner at a restaraunt in the mountains overlooking the city. it was really comforting somehow to see this sort of compressed and bustling city reduced to nothing more than blinking lights in the mountain valley. my meal seemed decidedly unkorean--fried pork cutlet with cheese and some sort of marinara on it. i get to go out to another fancy meal on tuesday with my friend of a friend whose job is to look out for me while i'm here. cool beans.

drank beer with some random strangers at a family mart last night. one of those chance encounters that makes me grateful i ever thought a gasless gas station was a good place to kick back and imbibe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny, i'll drink milk out of a cereal bowl when i'm all done with the cereal, but i've never considered drinking anything else out of them. You've kind of broadened my horizons, thanks Jamie!